Monday, December 15, 2008

My sources of Motivation

As a human, I do have times when I feel extremely down. You might have felt sometimes that nothing is working in my favor. It might happen that you get a bashing from your boss and your father on the same day. And to top it all, you might fall ill the next day. It happens to me at least once every month that I start cursing myself and the steps I have taken in life. I curse the choices I have made and rather than contemplating, I start accusing and blaming people and my surroundings for the kind of person I am

I am in no way a “NO” person but of course every YES person has a no day. There are days when I consider my self really lucky. I am lucky to have a good boyfriend, good parents, a great career, and many more such not so worldly reasons. But what do I do when I am extremely depressed?

I open my browser, turn to Google for help and type “I am depressed what should I do?” No kidding that is what I do. Of all the people, I only trust Google in helping me fight back. And yes, Google does.

Here are a few Web sites that I resort to when I want to feel motivated, get a jumpstart, or just feel good about myself.

Motivation 1 -

This site by Leo is a complete boost of action items. It has various help yourself posts that you can apply in your life and achieve more. I like to read his financial posts and health posts. I really get a high out of the health ideas and simple exercise routines that he throws at us.

Motivation 2 -

This great site not only has articles to read and be inspired but it also has loads of indexes that can keep you glued. It might be a motivational overdose but it’s worth it. I enjoy the motivational articles and the positive thinking index.

Motivation 3 -

Sometimes a one liner can lift your spirits as quickly as a one page article. This is one of the sites where a single quote speaks volumes.

Motivation 4 -

This has a collection of Web sites offering different options to choose from. Though this site is not on the top of my list, I do visit it when all my options are exhausted.

I do sometimes tend to take motivation from people around me. Then there are less fortunate ones who would be much happier than I am, had they been in my situation. But alas, contentment is not a human quality.

No comments: