Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tale of two (Intelligent?) girls (Anmol and Shambhavi)

I am a regular viewer of MTV. As an everyday activity, I was flicking through channels and I landed on MTV when Roadies was playing. I like Raghu because of the sheer spontaneity that he has. I think that is the sole strength, which takes him one step ahead of every person he interviews. It is his aura and his confidence-exuding eyes that stun everyone to silence.

After the praises for Raghu, I was still watching him on MTV, seeing him rip every participant apart with his wit. The Bangalore roadies selection episode ended. Since by the end of this show, my expectations from MTV were highly raised, I thought of giving the show GTALK a chance.

Okay, so we have Anmol and Shambhavi (ex-roadies) doing a show. Pretty faces and skimpy clothes, fair enough, I like seeing beautiful faces. After that part of the TRP game is over, I was looking for the content and the script of the show. I just wanted to know that do you guys have a script for this show, or is it the normal talks that these girls really have.

At one point on the show, they are glorifying the fact that exercising and having healthy food is just a fashion excuse and that you should NOT be doing these. Another time, Anmol mentions how actresses’ don’t actually do that but they do get surgeries done. The only response she actually gets from Shambavi is “Exactly”. After saying all this, the girls feel kids should be waxing at the age of 11. That is brilliant content.

I might not be an expert at this subject of why did MTV ever think of having this show. If fashion gossips and how to be popular is what is intended out of this show, why not bring up people who are more accessible and not made up. I am an average Indian girl and when I see Raghu I feel I can be like him (as in the traits and confidence). But when I see these girls, it just makes me feel all the more bad that this is not the MTV we always had.

The day of Shenaz (MTV most wanted), Rahul (MTV select), Maria Goretti, Nikhil (who is a special appearance only on MTV now) are all gone and the replacements are not quite great. I understand that getting good people is difficult, but please replace not good people with flash animations. It’s definitely more interesting.

I appreciate all the spunk with Raghu brings and will always be a loyal roadie fan. Thank you, if you have read till the end and not scraped itJ.


No comments: