Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Using twitter as a marketing tool

Social networking has changed the way the world communicates. I have been a regular orkut user and so have many other social people. In my quest of being a social animal, I can only rate twitter as the most convenient form of networking. A maximum of 140 words is what twitter gives you to express yourself. It is mind boggling to look and search in your vocabulary for the perfect word to replace “you know I am doing absolutely nothing today".

The first time I logged into twitter, the first person I followed was Tom Johnson. It’s quite weird that how every time someone followed me, it was like an achievement. I would be overwhelmed to see someone tweet back at me. I wont use too much of the lingo since that would only mean less viewership .

It is only through digging deeper that I found that twitter can very well be used, and in fact is being used by many, as a marketing tool. Since my organization is not into the league of small and medium scale businesses that use this as a medium to advertise their work, it can be a potentially untapped marketing tool to reach a larger mass.

Even though the kind of clientele that my organization caters to is much a miss of a small tool like twitter, our marketing researchers can better understand how to utilize this tool to the maximum. After saying all this, my main aim on twitter still remains having maximum tweeple follows me. Stupid as it may seem, that is all I can think about even when I am typing this post.

If this small thing called twitter too intrigues you, you may find this post quite useful and informative.

No comments: